Titles over clips in iMovie

ericmurphy

Registered
This is driving me crazy. All I want to do is place a title in a video clip. No matter what I do, iMovie wants to render it over black. I uncheck the "Over black" checkbox, drag the title onto the clip, and iMovie checks the "Over black" checkbox, and proceeds to render the title over black. It's like it's purposely dicking with me.

I've tried this with PostScript fonts, TrueTypes, and system fonts, with the same results every time. Obviously iMovie can render text over a video clip; I've done it before. So what's the problem?

I've got the same problem - I also get a weird effect in the preview pane which looks like a cracked window and colour distortion. No answers yet but here's two suggestions I got in another forum - might work for you. Let me know if you find the solution!

"I would guess some type of data corruption. Have you tried the standard Permissions/Disk Check/Clean Cache"

"I do not know if the 'cracked pane' would happen if you didn't have the proper graphics card or not...but do you have the Quartz-Extreme Graphics Compatible Card in your mac?"

Back