unexpectedly quitting...

willywonka82

Registered
For about a week now, select programs on my PowerBook G4 will not start up. Instead I get messages like:

"The application DVD Player has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected."

I get this message every time I start DVD Player, iTunes, and Palm DeskTop, for instance. I haven't had a single successful start up since I received the first message. I am running OS X 10.2, and I have no idea why this all of a sudden has started to occur. My computer was running perfectly before this, and many programs still work as they normally do, but this is distressing nonetheless. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem on 10.1.5 with IE, Chimera, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and a few others. Mine run for a while then quit, and when you relaunch them they will sometimes work for a short time and sometimes quit immediately. Only fix so far as been rebooting.

This all started for me after installing the AntiVirus program from McAfee that's included with .Mac accounts. Really annoying....ALMOST as annoying as using Windows (yeah, that bad).

Same problem. Installed clean 10.2, everything was fine. Did the 6 system updates all at once (if I can remember...)

-Airport
-Stuffit Security
-IE Security
-Can't remember
-Can't remember

Then it restarted and not ONE program will open. EVERY SINGLE program unexpectedly quits within 10 seconds of clicking on them.

Nate

That happened to me a few times. Pain in the .... I did a clean install, updated all software. Well i wish i could say that worked, but it didn't, so I installed again, again, again...yea, about 7 times in one day. I gave up after a while, got a new hard drive, lol, had to reistall on that system also within 15mins of the initial install. It has been working right since. I also moved my memory around. I placed Apple's original memory in the first slot, other chips to the back. Runs clean now, Illustrator, GoLive quits every now and then after closing or saving something. My system has fewer problems with the new drive, I think that old drive had problems

same problem, after 10.2, some applications quit after a few seconds or minutes. very aggravating. my hard drive icon decided to move itself now also every time I restart my computer. hope those apple engineers are hard at work on this one.

Back