Uni room plans

Browni

Registered
For my uni room i am planning to get a TV, Mac Mini and a BT mouse and Keyboard, along with a ibook/pbook, the laptop would be for lectures, and the mac mini for work in my room, im going to be doing an Internet Computing Degree at Galmorgan Uni (3 years with a year in industry), wither im going over kill with the mac mini AND the ibook/pbook i don't know, what do you guys ( and gals) think?

Browni

Its hard to say. It depends on your budget, and your needs. The one thing I can tell you though is that university accomodation is $#% tiny, anywhere in the world, and you won't have room for stuff you don't need. However, since you're doing an Internet Computing degree, I'd say having two computers would definitely have its advantages.

The specs on the iBook are just about equal to that of the miniMac, those of the PB surpass it. So it might be a bit of a waste to buy both, unless you really needed to set up a 24/7 server for some reason. Then again, having a back up device could really save your bacon in case the 'Book got lost or damaged. My nephew broke his windoze laptop mid-semester and he was really in a pickle.

BTW, best of luck and have fun at university! Just don't do anything I would do... ;)

...and most universities are really tight with access. It is likely that only one of them can be online and it wouldn't be allowed to share the access. - check with the computer department you're going to.

hmm, im going on an open day nxt wendesday so i will find out the, other wise i will get a PB and a LCD screen ( more screen real estate)

Back