Upgrade OS on Visor Deluxe?

macuser4life

Registered
If I get a flash module can I update my os to 4.0. I hate the fact I am stuck at 3.1h, why does handspring move so freakin' slow?

I'm pretty sure the flash module would still have to interact with the base system, so I'd say it wouldn't work. Handspring has the different physical hardware, which would make a big enough difference that the two OS's don't have parity.

With Handspring's announcement of going all wireless, there is some uncertainty in the community as to how to proceed. To me, their lack of response to PalmOS 4 is even more unsettling.

I was planning on looking around, I think I want to sell my Visor Deluxe and get a basic palm pilot. I like to know I can upgrade at my own pace, and I like to have quick development. Handspring just seems to be too slow. Do you think this is a good choice, or should I wait a bit more?

i would wait. the PDA market is stagnant now and the crossgrade from Visor deluxe to a comparable palm willl get you nothing really in terms of added features.

i have an old Palm III that i would like to replace, but the new models only do 1 or 2 more things than this one anyway, so there is little point to shell out the $ for a new one.

I am waiting for the hiptop PDA/Communication device from Danger to come out

www.danger.com

Back