using a single DVI monitor w/PowerMac G4 FW800?

ChromePlanet

Registered
I am trying to get a DVI monitor to work with a PowerMac G4 FW800 using the PowerMac's DVI port, but get no video on boot. Do I have to buy the converter to use the ADC port for a single monitor setup?

You shouldn't need the adaptor, it should just work. Unless there is some way of disabling it. Have you tried the monitor on another computer?

HateEternal said:
You shouldn't need the adaptor, it should just work. Unless there is some way of disabling it. Have you tried the monitor on another computer?

You're right, it should, my brother seems to have his working that way. The monitor is working fine as it's also connected to an iBook and an XP machine.

I'm thinking though that since it was connected to an ADC display at my Mom's that it won't know about a DVI monitor until it's told about one by using "Detect Displays", which I can't do unless I lug it all the way back over their WITH the DVI monitor.

Any other suggestions?

I reset the PRAM and switched DVI cables, then it worked. The cable isn't bad though, as it works on a PC. So it was either the PRAM or the cable connection may have been loose.

Back