Using the iTMS from outside the US?

Kinniken

Registered
Hi, I remember reading not long after the iTMS's launch of a way for non-Americans to buy songs by buying temporary American credit cards from a net-based company, or something like that. Has anyone ever heard of that, or better yet, used it yourself?
With the euro rising fast, CD prices staying at insane level (usually 18 €/22$ for a recent normal album...) and no sign of an European launch, this type of service sounds more and more tempting...

TIA,

Kinniken

I think it had something to do with buying a gift certificate (for yourself, of course) and leaving off the street address. I'm not sure of the legality and, therefore, suitability for this board, of this tactic, though. Tread carefully in these waters.

If you really want the iTMS legally, write an angry missive to your local record labels. ;)

Well, it's the mods' jobs to enforce the rules, just like it's the police officers' jobs to enforce the law of a city, state and country. That doesn't mean the average citizen can't warn someone if he might be breaking a rule. :p

Arden

This isn't a city, state or country, it a Forum with mods to do this work. No need for you to be warning anyone, that's the job of the mods.

Back