VLAN support in Panther Client

variable

Registered
We have an Xserve here that just got the 10.3.3. Server update and now has support for adding VLAN interfaces and understanding 802.1q tags. I have a G5 on my desk with the Apple BTO second Gigabit card. Does anyone know was this simply an updated prefernces panel? A driver upgrade? Both? I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of that file in the 10.3.3 server update package i could try to copy over to my desktop to get the same VLAN GUI support. It woudl be REALLY nice to hav my G5 doing multiple VLANs. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I realize it would not be "supported" but based on what I've read about the server and client versions of Mac OS X they are architecturaly an exact match. They (Apple) most likely just upgraded the driver for the GigE card and added a few GUI routines to control the loading of the module (ala the speed and duplex selectors in the Network preference panel). Anyway I was thinking that maybe some guru on here would know what .ktext files i could raid from our Xserve to see if i could prove my theory.

Back