Wanted Cheap Second Hand G4

FrgMstr

Registered
Hi guys

Doesn anyone know where i can get a Cheap second hand G4 in the UK. preferably around the £350-£400 range.

Dont care about HD or RAM etch

have been looking and private sales people want £800 they are mad for a 400mhz G4 i mean i want one but im not stupid man, i could build the meanest Dual Athlon system with DDR RAM for that Price not to mention a RAID array.

Come on guys a want a cheap G4, ill even take an early 350 Model.

Well, unlike PCs, Macs tend to sell for 50% of their new price even after three years! You should get an older G4 for that price, but I wouldn't buy the Yikes model, get the Sawtooth! I have seen old B&W G3s beeing sold for around 1000 dollars due to their SCSI system etc., so be prepared to pay a bit more for the system.

Mac don't fall in their price as fast as PCs, that's what people tend to forget when they say Macs are so expensive.

there is another recent thread on this site about the pros and cons of buying new vs. used macs. It might make good reading if you haven't already checked it out.
in addition to the points made there , i would add that shopping for a mac is basically going to work one of two ways. Either pick a model and be prepared to pay the price or pick a price and then look around to see what model to buy. You might find an incredible deal somewhere but it won't happen quickly unless you are just very lucky. Ulrik's point about high resell value is right.

btw - cheap (with all its implications) is simply not a word often used in the same sentence with mac. of course the high resell value makes a new one a pretty safe investment.

$630 to $720 (£350 to £400) should get you something nice on either side of the pond.

What's the price of the Mac Mini for UK customers? Here you can pick one up for $499 (£276) or $599 (£331). How about Ebay? There's quite a few on the UK site right now.

FrgMstr said:
Hi guys

Doesn anyone know where i can get a Cheap second hand G4 in the UK. preferably around the £350-£400 range.

Dont care about HD or RAM etch

have been looking and private sales people want £800 they are mad for a 400mhz G4 i mean i want one but im not stupid man, i could build the meanest Dual Athlon system with DDR RAM for that Price not to mention a RAID array.

Come on guys a want a cheap G4, ill even take an early 350 Model.
Hi, I have a G4 400 MHz for sale - only problem is how to post/get it to you ? It comes with 22" monitor (not flat screen) and Umax scanner. Just want £450 for the lot. It's in perfect working condition - 160 Gig HD 1 gig RAM + keyboard and optical mouse.

I am new to this site so I'm not sure how this works...

Back