What do you expect of MWSF '07 keynote?

What do you expect of MWSF '07 keynote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(I almost forgot the widescreen iPod, so I added it shortly afterwards and added my vote to it while editing the vote. That's why there's one vote without name there.)

iLife '07, Mac Pro 2 x 4-cores ("8-core" is a misnomer IMO, but whatever....unless there's something I'm missing regarding Intel's CPU roadmap), and the official release of the "iTV" product.

Still missing the Reality Distortion Field option, but that would be a given I guess. :D

30th anniversary machine would be great (a 30" iMac, of course). But I don't expect it anymore.

BTW I'd love to put the text of my signature in a second column on the side of the signature avatar.

As we all know, "The First Thirty Years Were Just The Beginning".

Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to release a few "30th Anniversary" models, the topmost of which are so ridiculously over-specced that you'd have to sell one of your Ferrarris to buy one. It would create buzz and conversation, and if it were backed up by really impressive "flagship" models with more reasonable pricetags, they could sell really well.

Remember the 20th Anniversary Mac. Out of most people's price range, it was a gorgeous machine. Of course, it was outdated technology the moment it shipped, basically (a Performa in nice clothing). ;) But hey! It was used in a Batman movie! How great is that! :)

iLife '07, Mac Pro 2 x 4-cores ("8-core" is a misnomer IMO, but whatever....unless there's something I'm missing regarding Intel's CPU roadmap)
Any more than the current "quad"? *shrug*

I've heard people saying that the 4-core chips are NOT 4-core chips, but in fact 2 2-core chips...on one chip. Does that even make sense?! I feel like such a non-geek... :( ;)

But ANYWAY....

I expect iLife '07, and I expect the "iTV", or at least an actual name for it. Those are no-brainers. Of course I expect a big preview of Leopard and ship date (probably in a few months).

It's been a while since they introduced new pro hardware at Macworld, hasn't it? Then again, with Intel now driving Apple's update schedule (to a degree), I guess they have the choice to either release it now with great fanfare, release it a bit later with no fanfare, or release it a few months after their competitors at the next major trade show. Not sure what I expect there.

I really don't expect many surprises. Maybe it's because I'm out of touch with the Mac rumor mill (oh, how I miss As the Apple Turns...).

As I said in a previous thread:

stevejobs709522db4ik7.jpg

Realistically, I'd expect a new iPod and at least talk of the iPhone; I can't see how they could ignore the flooding hype of it that has saturated digg and the likes. Leopard will definitely be previewed and/or rescheduled, and I think it would be very enjoyable if Steve were to wear a nice turtleneck... a beige one. :)

(Cheers Nixgeek! :D)

BEIGE?! You crazy! ARgh!
But I like that reality distortion field pic. :) I've never seen it up close (I was always _inside_ it and then suddenly crashed when it burst.)

Today's rumours focus on how the iPhone will be a next generation mix of a computer and phone. Like, erh, the Nokia Communicator has been for a decade? ;)

Remember the 20th Anniversary Mac. Out of most people's price range, it was a gorgeous machine. Of course, it was outdated technology the moment it shipped, basically (a Performa in nice clothing). ;) But hey! It was used in a Batman movie! How great is that! :)

I remember the 20th anniversary machine, the first flat screen PC. With a separate bass booster. I tried one once while visiting CERN. The design could have been done by Ive !

If there is an iPhone, it will be a Skype phone (maybe using iChat technology), maybe using iTV as a plateform for connection.

I've put my thoughts down in the form of an article and photo gallery. My thinking is that a 32GB flash-based iPod might be released. Probably not, but that and some other ideas can be found here: <http://imagingbuffet.com/?p=158>

All the best and we'll know soon enough what's really coming.

Andrew Darlow
Editor
ImagingBuffet.com
http://www.imagingbuffet.com

Back