What is this person thinking?

That is not the 1st G5 that i have seen in ebay. :(

Email this guy and ask why he has it and sells it, and post the reasons here (if you have some time). I think it'd be fun to see what he answers.

You have to be pre approved to even bid on it. Look at the picture of it, it's definitely a fraud sale.

It's a fraud. And the guy is stupid enough to show a fake picture and say he bundles the computer with two 23" Cinema Displays :rolleyes:

Invalid Item

The item you requested ( 2739759645 ) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

Yea, it was probably reported. I was going to, but I didn't get far enough in ebay's M$-inspired "support system" to send them a note - I clicked a link for reporting suspicious auctions, had to read through hundreds of categories and sub-categories to find the right one, and then I was forwarded to a FAQ database :rolleyes:

There are a lot of fake powerbook auctions about, I've reported a few already. I think eBay's working on it but they need to get their act together.

Date: Wed Jul 2, 2003 5:32:23 AM America/
To:
Subject: Re: powermac g5

Hi,
First of all, I want to tell you that I had problems in the past with low feedback members,that's why i am concerned.Also,I want to let you know this is brand new,never used,in original box,it is never been opened and it is coming with full US warranty,it is US model..,.......I'm in the this business for over 15 years and I like all my deals to be closed fast so ,shipping will be done via two days shipping from Germany and I pay for it.Because I am shipping fast,I prefer a fast payment and a wire transfer will be ok .Pypal is not acceptable,see www.paypalsucks.com .Let me know if you are still interested or make me an offer so we can discuss further detailes .

Regards!

Hahaha....wire transfer of $2400 to another country...that made my day. Why not just put the $ in an envelope, take it into the backyard, and burn it?

Date: Wed Jul 2, 2003 8:23:26 PM America/
To:

Hi,

About the deal here are my details:
this is my name:Luis Alcazar
and adress for the payment:
Stutgarten Platz 7,
Berlin
Germany

I will pay for the shipping fees and for ensurance in case of any damage during the shipping .I will mail you the tracking number from the package with the item so youwill know when you can recieve it.

YOU CAN EASYLY MAKE THE PAYMENT AT www.westernunion.com WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD .ONLINE AND MAIL ME THE CONFIRMATION or if you wish to send the payment with your credit card via Western Union wire transfer, please call this tool free number : 1-800-CALL-CASH . They will charge your credit card and they will send a wire transfer to my name and address.

The fastest method of payment so we both can be satsfied is Western Union.For this you have to go personally at their office and make the payment from your name and adress to mine.From there you will get a conirmation in which will contain the MTCN(money transfer control number).After that you will mail me the following details:

-sender first,last name and adress

-the MTCN

-reciever first,last name and address

-the amount that you sent

With all these I will go to an Western Union office and check the payment and if it is OK than I will make the shipping right away and also I will need your adress where you want the package to arrive.

After the arrival you will have a 15 days period to try the item and if is not satisfactory with your needs you can send it back on your expense and you will recieve a FULL REFOUND WITH NO QUESTIONS.

These are the details that you need for the deal and I hope that this will be the begining of a good partnershipp and I will be glad if you will recomand me to your friends for great bussines.

Please let me know if this is ok with you.

Regards!

P.S. it is a way to avoid some taxes and I will tell you what is all about.When you will go to the western union office to wire the mony sometimes they ask you why are you doing that.If you will tell them that they are for something you have bought ,I will have to pay when I pick up the money a very expensive tax for makeing comerce.This is the part where I lose .The part where you lose is represented by the fact that if I tell them that indeed I have deliverd you a package that contains an electric product you will have to pay also a great amount of money as a custom duty which for a brand new item like this is very big maibe 1/3 from the price of the item.We can avoid paying this money by doing this way.If they ask you that you can tell them that the money are for a relative and i will tell them that in that package are some unimportants goods or somrthing. This we avoid spending some useles money and the truth I am not willing to do that.I hope you will understand why I am doing that and I also hope you will end this deal sooner.

To: "luis alcazar" <pshudac@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:11:54 -0700

Hi,

So how exactly do I wire the money to you? I will pay $2400 as the auction states. Give me an address so I can send the money to you immediately.

Thanks,

There's something fishy about that. I'd never send him money before I had received the computer and seen it.

Then, where did he get it from? Although there are G5s spread throughout European countries, all prototypes sent out to developers are covered under strict NDAs and labeled "Not for resale". If this is true, the computer is most likely stolen.

Ask him to send pictures, and e.g. a picture of the computer and some other specific item standing next to it, to prove that he took the picture himself. Maybe we could have someone living in Berlin visit him? :D

Hey, tell him you got a german friend living close to Berlin. (that should be me)
And ask him, if he agrees to a deal!
I know those guys as well. They tried the same here in germany telling they are from spain or france...
Ask him about me! I would be very curious, what he says...

Back