What is with the Spam from macosx.com?

lurk

Mitä?
I woke up to spam from macosx.com today telling me to get back here to find out about all the terrible things 10.3.9 will break! Do you know where your kids are!?!? All over a broken safari plugin - can you say fear mongering?

I am really disappointed with this site today and just thought I would vent about its downhill slide.

Scott, I know that you are trying to make a buck here and part of that is knowing the way your efforts are received. In my opinion things that put you higher on the sleaze / yellow journalism scale only hurt this site in the long run. That said trashy media seems to be thriving so maybe that is the best route for you to take, although you will leave a number of us behind.

-Eric

Wow, one email warning of possible problems with the 10.3.9 update and you consider that spam.

If you don't want to recieve emails from the site, change your settings in the User CP.

lurk said:
I woke up to spam from macosx.com today telling me to get back here to find out about all the terrible things 10.3.9 will break! Do you know where your kids are!?!? All over a broken safari plugin - can you say fear mongering?

I am really disappointed with this site today and just thought I would vent about its downhill slide.

Scott, I know that you are trying to make a buck here and part of that is knowing the way your efforts are received. In my opinion things that put you higher on the sleaze / yellow journalism scale only hurt this site in the long run. That said trashy media seems to be thriving so maybe that is the best route for you to take, although you will leave a number of us behind.

-Eric

If you don't want emails, just uncheck the "Receive Email from Admins" and you won't get any emails like you got. We don't spam. I can show you a whole email box full of spam and not one of them did I give them my email address.

I personally found this email very useful, it told me that some people were having problems, and therefore stopped me from updating until i had backed up all my mission critical data. I think you should do more of this with 10.4 etc. I feel that the site has changed since the free tech support idea came about, i don't mind as long as the forums stay here.

The site hasn't changed since the Free tech support started, and the forums aren't going anywhere.

I liked the heads up, I checked out peoples comments and decided to install, because I have no weird plugins or software.
no problems so far.

*knocks on wood, so maybe the email DID get to me a bit*

Back