What monitor should I get?

homer

Safety Inspector
I'm looking into getting a new monitor, and I'm curious as to what your opinions are. I think I want to get a 17" LCD display, but I want some recommendations. Apple display is out--too pricey, and I need one compatible with both my PC (for now) and a new Powermac (whenever I should get that). A couple of questions: is it worth getting one with the DV input? Does that make a real quality difference? And would the DV input work with a PM G4? Also dead pixels: what've been your experiences with those, and manufacturers' return policies?

Thanks in advance for any input you've got!

Homer

I know they are big and heavy, but I have 2 Hitachi Superscan 776's and a second video card to run the two together. Once you go dual display, you can't go back! At least think about it!

Well, I went out and bought myself a 19" (18" viewable) Viewsonic monstrosity. I just couldn't see the way clear to spending twice as much (at LEAST) on a comparable LCD monitor. I'm currently gazing at the square inch of desk space I have left. Oh well. This monitor is a BEAUT!!! Ooh baby.

BTW, this is for use on the PC. I'll be looking for another monitor on that beautiful day that I get a new PowerMac. Maybe LCD prices will have come down slightly by then (I'm trying to hold out for a G5).

:)

Oh yeah, the dual display idea is pretty attractive, but I'd have to move to a new apartment, methinks. :D

Back