• 22"+

• Output to television / projector.

• 12" laptop

• 14" laptop

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

networkguy

Registered
Just curious. I just bought a Compaq P900 19" Trinitron FD display. I absolutely love it. I'm curious as to what everyone else has.

tre

...that is because I own a TiBook G4/1GHz where its exact size 15.2"... However, it has 1280x854 resolution which is somewhat like a 17" monitor...

After all said and done, I would love to have a 20" Apple Display :p :cool: :D ;)

I had a 19" that imploded and burned down (to high frequence) and then I had my bestfriends first monitor, an 14". That was so crap, but didn't have money to buy a new monitor so it worked. Now I have my parents 17". That works even better :D

FYI: If you live in Canada, or near the border, you might want to consider getting a monitor from Hi-Tech computers. (www.canadamonitors.com). I have had many excellent experiences with them. I am not sure if there is an American equivalent, but I love these guys! Can't been $250 CDN for a 19" Trintron FD! (I get a slight discount, the reg price is $275)

-Trevor

I use the 12" built in display of my PB! :D
Running at 1024x768.

However, I do have a very old Apple Multiscan 17" monitor which I very rarely use for gaming ... :cool:

(Could some moderator with tto much time on his hands add the laptop screen sizes? Thank you!)

Daz wierd!
Im suprised. 15' inches is voted for mostly.
I thought I was in minority using such a small screen. :)

/G

I use 15" 1024/768. I'd like 17" for design (whole spread!), but 15" is great most of the time.

I could not imagine using anything less than a 17" for X. I tried using a 15" (800x600) and I went batty. Currently my 19" is set to 1600x1200 and I love it! =)

tre

Added 12" and 14" laptop sizes.

12" (apple) 'books support 1024x768 btw.

i'd love a 23" cinema ..

Sony Multiscan G200 17"

i love this monitor it's extremely crisp...

My dad uses a 17" lcd at his t-shirt shop...wow

also at the university i go a couple of secretaries in the admin building have a couple 22" -- nice 5" apple® blazened on the back...those things are ridiculously huge...

The TiPB has a 15.2", and not a 15, the difference is noticable.
My rev. A iMac has a 15"
The Powerbook G3 has a 14.1"
The Powerbook G4 uses a Neovo 15"

That's all for machines I use, of course, a Performa or sth came with a 13 or sth like that. The classic has a 9" ... Apple IIs had crappy monitors, compared to the ones now that is : ) And my calculator has sth of half an inch or sth like that?

And a projector + screen that's 2x3m : ) A Canon LV-X1 is that means anything to you guys : )

:D

Grtz,
.anerki

I have my 17"Apple LCD set @ 1280x1024. And I just added a ViewSonic 21" CRT set @ 1600x1200.

I use the ViewSonic as my main monitor rightnow because the viewable space is great for design and layout.

Everyone around me thinks all this is overkill. Apparently they just don't understand.

By the way, I got the 21" VS off ebay for $157.50, which included the shipping charge. I love ebay.

Later,
Eddie

I have a Nokia 446XPro 19' :

The Nokia 446Xpro USB is a high performance 19" (17.7" viewable) display just right for many applications and working environments. Nokia?s award-winning monitor technology offers perfect picture clarity, a flicker-free display and high-resolution image quality. Overall picture quality is enhanced even further with dynamic focus, new moiré cancellation technology and a high quality spin coating which provides high contrast images without eye fatigue. It is the monitor of choice for imaging, graphics or CAD applications, and its smaller footprint saves valuable space on the desktop.
Features:
CRT
Size: 19" (17.7" viewable area), Invar Shadow Mask, flat square tube. Dot pitch: .22mm horizontal. Surface: Spin Coating.
VIDEO AMPLIFIER
Analog video 0 - .7Vpp. Bandwidth (dot frequency): 230MHz. Rise/fall time: less than 4ns.
VIDEO CONNECTOR
Dual input: VGA/BNC, removable cable with 15-pin D-Sub VGA connectors. BNC cable available upon request. Input selector in front. Macintosh adapter.
FREQUENCY RANGE
Horizontal: 30-107kHz. Autosync. Max synchronization time for full picture: <1s. Vertical: 50-150Hz. Generalized Timing Formula support according to VESA? GTF?.
SYNCHRONIZATION
Separate TTL synchronization. Composite TTL synchronization and TTL synchronization on green.
COMPATIBILITY
PC, Macintosh and Workstation (Sun, Unix) applications.
Designed for Microsoft Windows ® 98.
USB
Self-powered USB hub: 5V/0.5A per downstream port. Ports: 1 upstream and 4 downstream,12Mbit/s max throughput. Location: rear of monitor. Includes Displayware? for Windows®98, a mouse-based display control software for geometry, image and audio adjustments.
CONTROLS
Front panel controls: brightness, contrast, Navi?Key menu, Soft Power switch and dual input D-Sub/BNC select switch. Navi?Key On-Screen Menu controls: picture shape (height, width, horizontal and vertical position, auto-shape, tilt, pincushion, trapezoid, orthogonality); picture clarity (moiré cancellation, horizontal and vertical convergence, clarity preset); color (color temperature, RGB control, Custom 1 and Custom 2); miscellaneous [language selection (7 choices), degaussing, self-test, password function (set password and menu lock)].
FULLSCREEN?
FullScreen? with an active picture size of 10.64" x 14.19".
EXTENDED SCREEN PERFORMANCE
Misconvergence: typically .25mm center (circle of 270mm) and .35mm elsewhere. Max. misconvergence is between .3mm and .4mm. Color temperature: default setting 9,300° Kelvin adjustable. Screen edge distortion: less than 2.0mm.
ERGONOMICS AND SAFETY APPROVALS
TCO'95, TÜV-Ergonomie (ISO 9241/3, /7, /8). Tilt Angle: -5° to +15°. Swivel angle: ±135°.
ELECTRIC AND MAGNETIC FIELDS
TCO'95, MPR-II, TÜV ERGO.
INTERFERENCE AND APPROVALS
FCC Class B, CE-MARK, FI, S, N, D, TÜV-GS, UL, CSA, VCCI.
PLUG N' PLAY
Display Data Channel according to VESA? DDC 1/2AB.
POWER SUPPLY
Universal 50/60Hz (±5%), 110/230 (±15%) VAC. Power consumption: Less than 120W, Suspend < 30W, Power-off < 5W. PowerSaver? according to VESA? DPMS?. Single phase, 6ft detachable power cord.
ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS
Operation: +50°F to +104°F. Humidity: 15% to 85%. Non-Operation: -4°F to +140°F. Humidity: 5% to 95%.
DIMENSIONS
MONITOR - W: 18.10", H: 17.50", D: 18.6".
PACKAGE - W: 22.52", H: 23.31, D: 23.31". Net weight: 50.6 lbs. With packaging: 62.0 lbs.

Back