windows Xp sharing internet on LAN

antonioconte

Registered
Does anyone know if I can get my windows XP laptop to share it's internet connection to a network of OSX and OS 9? I'm not sure how to do this on the PC at all and note entirely sure if its possible.
:confused:

It is apparently possible (do a search, others have mentioned it) but I always recommend that people spring the $45 (or less) bucks and get themselves an internet router. The advantages are a quick setup (for the most part), don't need to buy a separate hub (though you might have one already), and you don't have to keep the XP machine on all the time (or whenever the other boxes need access), and very good firewall/nat support out of the box.

ok, thats straight forward, problem is I have the following problem:

1/ Have Satelite Broadband connected to a pent@office sat router (currently not configured) and it is one way, download only

2/ I have ISDN access (this I think I have to use for upload access)

3/ I have an ISDN router (currently not configured)

4/ Want my two macs running os9& osx and a pc running XP to share the internet access once I fugure out how to do this.

Help!

:-(

How are the sat. router and isdn router connected to the xp box? Do you have to load a driver to get xp to send/recieve to the right device?

I'm not sure how to set up the send/receive at the moment. Nothing is actually working at the moment. The only thing I did manage to do is connect up my MAC OSX laptop to ISDN and then my sat router plugged intot he network allowed that mac to download via Sat and upload via isdn, butr the other machines on the network did not use the sat router for some reason.

Back