wireless itunes sharing with a windoze pc

ged3000

Registered
Im trying to share my iTunes library via both a wireless and wired network at the same time.

Im at university, and each different block of my shared accomodation seems to be set up as a seperate subnet - I cant ping or communicate in any other way with any computer in a different block.

I want to share itunes wirelessly to the block next door, but although both my computer (15" 1.5GHz G4, OSX.3.7) and my friends (WinXP Home) can see each others shared music in itunes, we cannot connect to each others shares. On attempting to load the shares, we get an error suggesting that there is a problem with our firewall statuses (both computers firewalls are disabled).
The computers are connected like so:
powerbook --wired--> Other computers in my block
|
--wireless--> wireless PC

As far as I can work out, the two computers see each other wirelessly, but try to connect throught the wired network. Sharing throught the wired network generally works within the block, although occasionally the same error pops up within the block. I can share my itunes wirelessly at home, using the following arrangement:

powerbook --wireless--> airport basestation --wired--> router --wired--> imac

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or am I just being too ambitious?

ged3000

Back