Yayyy G5.. but some things...

Pengu

Digital Music Pimp
Heyas,

Well I picked up my G5 today!

Specs below.. except I don't have the mouse yet. It didnt come in on time, so i'll get it later.

anyways.. i have two little issues so far. one of them looks like it may be solved by an update i didnt know about..

the other is a little different. Now, in Safari, some text seems "bolder" than before. in particular, the text in the blue-green bar with "User CP", "FAQ", "Members List" etc seems VERY bold, like it's got way too much antialiasing. and yet other text looks fine. applications look fine. I copied the text in question into Mellel. it looks fine. bold, but not this "over-bold"... it isn't just this site either. the news item titles on Macrumors.com does it too. any ideas what it is? I've looked at the antialias settings, but it all seems ok....

other than that. i'd just like to say

THIS CHOMPOOTER ROCKS!

Ufff, you got the strong GeForce? How does it perform? Looks like you were into a gaming machine, right?

Ufff? is that jealousy, admiration or contempt? :p

um. gaming was one consideration when i decided to drop $AU7000+ on a computer.

it seems sweet with Call of Duty.... Ghost Recon looked pretty good too, but it's been a while since I've played that. I want to get halo when I go back for the mouse.

the big problem now is that i have to spend money on a bluetooth phone, and money on a set of 5.1 speakers... oh. and of course a pocketdrive/flash disk. etc. once you start spending money it's hard to stop!

Back