1.42 Ghz G4!

Langley

Registered
Althoung only a month ago I purchased (after saving for months AND months) a DP867. I'm a little disappointed that I did not wait.

On the other hand looking at the new line-up and the price I have a sence of happiness that the new line-up is Apple slightly out of the price/slow hardware rut!

Well at least now I can afford an 17" LCD display at a new low $1200Aus.

Do you think Apple made a big enough leap price and hardware wise?

Heh, im not gonna say your necassarily wrong on that statment...:p But the G4 is already pretty powerful...but 2Ghz would CERTAINLY not hurt...:cool:

Hey, all mac users should know better than to get jumpy with MHZ. We all know how much clock speed is not a measure of performance. I must say I just got a dual 1ghz system and it flies compared to the G3 I used to have. Unfortunately there is no indication bescides time pointing to apple releasing a G5 anytime soon. It is old though. My advice, wait it out. OSX can jun just fine on a 400mhz G3 and runs well. There is no need in terms of application requiremetnts for a new system right now. So once again, wait it out.

Originally posted by cq107
nope...
they need 2Ghz + and under 2000$ to "convert" the rest of the world

Well said. But anyways most of the PC users who are considering "switching" are not aware of the "Megahertz Myth" and will be decieved by themselves or some guy a CompUSA.. :mad:

Most of the campaigning is aimed at people who need simple computers " I just wanted to be able to check my eMail without getting the "blue screen of death". Apple is aiming for simplicity and the numbers might not make a difference to them. The attractive looking computers helps too.

Originally posted by Langley
Althoung only a month ago I purchased (after saving for months AND months) a DP867. I'm a little disappointed that I did not wait.

Don't worry about it. I doubt that you could see much of a difference. That scenario will always reaccur so you just have to be happy with what you got. :D

Just have fun.

Back