1 TB G5 with 64 CPUs ???? Dark Star

"a french site that usually carries good information"...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these guys haven't been right about any of their predictions. They missed the boat on the WWDC predictions by a mile....

Hmm, interesting, that's SGI's market. They've got the technology behind them, it wouldn't suprise me if Apple could pull it off. They know that their strength is in high end machines so it would make sense to expand their market up the way where Micro$oft/Intel doens't have as much dominance than down the way.

Of course I'm sure there would be the usual complaints - "But its sooo expensive! Why should I pay $50000 for that 64 bit 32 processor rack mounted rendering server when I can buy a PC for $800!"

MacBidouille is usually okay, serp, I'll back up chevy on this site. Although it's true some of their thoughts on W2DC were erronate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these guys haven't been right about any of their predictions. They missed the boat on the WWDC predictions by a mile....

from: http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/06/20030625043530.shtml

PowerMacs

MacBidouille deserves credit for being the first (by far) and -- for some time -- the only site to claim that Apple would announce PPC 970 based PowerMacs at the World Wide Developer's Conference.

Their first claim (in March) was that IBM would be presenting the 970 Chip and demoing a 970-based PowerMac at WWDC.

MacBidouille deserves credit for providing the lead info on such an important Apple event, however, based on the above record, they remain consistently inconsistent in their accuracy -- which has also been true of them in the past

Pay attention!

I agree... they have a reliable way to separate rumors from info, but they do not filter good from less good rumors...

The 1TB RAM 64xG5 is a rumor with some strong hints. But this is still a rumor.

they have RUMEUR (rumour) in front of every rumour topic...
it doesnt get any simpler :)

MacBidouille has indeed proven to be an interesting source of rumours. Sometimes they've missed the boat, but what rumour site hasn't. The bidouille isn't only a rumour site, though, it's also a site of "how to manually override your iBook's bus system to reach 900 MHz" and stuff like that. (With photos!) ;-) ... Interesting read. Any day. If you're able to read some French.

Back