127.0.0.1 redirects to my ISPs URL?

kyiosus

Registered
Hello,

I just switched to a different ISP, and now whenever I access my websites on my local network (127.0.0.1), it redirects to tekku.myhome.westell.com (Tekku is my computer name; Westell is the router brand). This has never happened before I switched, and I cannot access my local sites without an internet connection (kind of ironic, eh?).

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? I'm using Apache 1.3 via 'Personal Web Sharing' in the System Prefs. Thank you!

Hello,

I just switched to a different ISP, and now whenever I access my websites on my local network (127.0.0.1), it redirects to tekku.myhome.westell.com (Tekku is my computer name; Westell is the router brand). This has never happened before I switched, and I cannot access my local sites without an internet connection (kind of ironic, eh?).

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? I'm using Apache 1.3 via 'Personal Web Sharing' in the System Prefs. Thank you!

You could use the real ip-number of the machine. In general 127.0.0.1 refers also to the machine (localhost), but apparently this has changed. Use network connections to find out what your real ip-number is.

Good luck, Kees

You could use the real ip-number of the machine. In general 127.0.0.1 refers also to the machine (localhost), but apparently this has changed. Use network connections to find out what your real ip-number is.

Good luck, Kees

Do you mean to go to System Preferences > Network, and look at the IP address under TCP/IP? If so, I type that in and it does the same thing as 127.0.0.1 (same as localhost). Any way on how to fix this?

Back