15" PB Kernel Panics - cold boot

candrews

Registered
Anyone else having kernel panics after installing (format,install not upgrade) Tiger? I have all patches applied and the software listed. I am afraid I "_MIGHT_" have a hardware issue as my computer was in the shop for over a month prior to Tigers release, but once I got it back I did not have any kernel panic problems until I installed Tiger. I have iLife 5, FCE 2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, Microsoft Office 2004, Roxio Toast, and QuickTime 7 all fully patched installed. I would really like to hear if anyone else is having this problem - maybe I am the only one who has turned my MAC off after installing Tiger ? :-> If this is because of Tiger and not a hardware issue, I can live with it until there is a patch, but if it is a hardware issue .... I get to start the whole repair fiasco again! - Took over a month for a "authorized repair" shop to fix speakers! Loooong sad story - never again going straight to apple if necessary again :->

THANKS ALL!!!

Carl

It sounds like you don't have Virex, Norton Systemworks or AV, or VPC. If you have Virex or either Norton, then I would uninstall them immediately (especially Virex and Systemworks--installers available at McAfee and Norton websites); they are not good with Tiger. VPC also causes problems for Tiger. Spotlight is causing some problems too (see today's "front page" of MacFixit). You could try starting up in safe mode (extensions off) to isolate extension conflicts.

Back