15 Powermac G3 350MHz's For Free

AhhChoo

Virtual Hologram
My youngest son's school, here in Fairbanks, Alaska, has upgraded it's computers and has gotten rid of their Powermac G3s(those hideously ugly blue and white monstrosities), all 15 of them. They're in near pristine condition.
I was elected to take them to the disposal site, but it's closed due to some problem. Anyone who wants them can have them, but you'll have to come and take them away; I will NOT ship them.
I'll be here for the next two and a half weeks, after which I'll be returning to the lower 48. If no one wants them, I will take them to the dump.

I don't live in Alaska, but if no one goes for them, you should put them up on eBay. Last I looked, they sold for about 20 bucks a piece (or more), which isn't much, but it adds up.. (to $300)

You could donate them to a church, or school as well. If I were in Alaska, I would get one, I am looking for one for just word processing.

I wouldn't bring them to a dump for sure, they're still very usable machines. I'm sure someone wants them, it's just a matter of finding them (I don't live in Alaska, but I imagine that's easier said than done :)). Why not give them to students? (mom, look what I got!)

first of all,
Powermac G3s(those hideously ugly blue and white monstrosities)
bah! that was a bookmark of late 20th century design! never before had a computer looked so... nice!

and i love having one, even if i have never plugged it in. ( got it used from a local university surplus stripped for $10 i think. when i get around to it, and have space, i'm going to fire it on up. its my first native g3 ever! )

How are they for internet use? I have family in Fairbanks that might be interested in some. Email me at stbie(underscore)buddie at operamail dot com

Back