2 Questions: Click and desktop icons

judy440

Registered
Hi :)

I am a Windows person (sorry) but a good friend of mine who is not very computer literate needs help with two small MAC OS 10 issues. I don't know the OS, but would really like to help him.
He upgraded to MAC OS 10 and has two questions:

1) The clock was visible when he first loaded the system, but now it does not appear. Can you tell me what to click to make it appear all the time? From reading other posts, I think it is in system preferences??? However, I need to know click by click how to get into that so I can explain it to him.

2) There is an icon bar in the bottom right of the display all the time. He finds it very distracting. Is there any way to hide it?

Thanks SO much!!!!! :)
:D

Hi. Are you talking about the Dock? the thing on the bottom of hte screen? it's kind of handy... but anyway, here's how to hide it. In the Apple Menu, click System Preferences. Click on the Dock icon in the window that pops up. It's in the first row. Click Automatically hide and show the Dock. That's it. You can also do this by pressing cmd-opt-D. (Now, the dock will only pop up when you go down to the bottom of the screen.)

Now for the clock. In System PReferences, click, the Show All icon. Click on Date & Time (4th Row down). Click on the Menu Bar Clock tab. Click "Show the clock in the menu bar." Choose other options in this tab as desired...

Thanks so much for your help! I just passed the information to my friend and I am sure it will get him taken care of.

Back