23" Cinema Display on G4 MDD

rbrlecic

Registered
I had the original 17" cinema display and a 19" older CRT consistently running on my mac for years. Recently I got a 23" Cinema display from a friend for next to nothing and sought to make this my main monitor and keep the 17" display for tools and email in a dual setup.

At the moment I only have the 23" hooked up and I am noticing a slightly slower than normal performance. Some odd responses with the RAM seemingly.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 and the monitor is plugged in via an older apple power brick that handles the ADC to DVI conversion.

The friend I got it from originally only had a 17" and then a 9-10 months after using the 23" the system crashed (also had a G4 MDD, similar specs to mine).

Is the screen (23" display) to taxing on my system? I noticed a few accounts around the net of similar setups and then the system just going, fried.

This is also the older Apple Display with plastic casing not the newer brushed metal.

If there is a possibility of my system failing or something else I could get to support the more powerful monitor any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back