28. April 2003 Event

"The invitation says that Apple will have "announcements that will be music to your ears." Apple has several music products, but speculation over the past couple of weeks has focused on three things: a new iPod; a buyout by Apple of Universal Music; and a new music service by Apple."

Finally ... the new iPod I've been wanting every Tuesday for the last four months :)

Yo! Great! I still haven't bought a new iPod yet. My iPod 5GB is died... I have been waiting for the new one for 2 months!

I have a feeling we'll be seeing iTunes 4 as well, with integration with Apple's music service. :)

i am looking forward to it.... i may be getting some money to get a new iPod (well perhaps even a 17" pb too while i'm at it).
BWAHAHAHAHA

Sold my 5gig iPod about a month ago due to speculation. Hope this goes through! (and hope that the new iPods are cheap!)

how much did you get for your iPod? i'm thinking about selling mine as well...

Originally posted by WoLF
Sold my 5gig iPod about a month ago due to speculation. Hope this goes through! (and hope that the new iPods are cheap!)

in related news, apple will be changing company names on april 28th. "what better way to sell our music related services and products, then to change our name to a more music oriented one." Jobs stated, right before he revealed the new name, Bean. "What better way to sell ourselves than to change our name to the musical fruit.. the bean?"

hmmmm... maybe itunes 4! iTunes 4 wont be too much different than 3 though, probably like a minor update.

wait...what? did i missunderstand you?? "apple" is changing to "bean"????

maybe its a joke........now i feel stupid ;-)

Is Apple Records (the label the Beatles were put out on) still alive? They could buy THEM, maybe? ;-)

Originally posted by fryke
Is Apple Records (the label the Beatles were put out on) still alive? They could buy THEM, maybe? ;-)

Isn't that where "sosumi" came from?

RE iPods: I could care less about a new design, bigger capacity etc... Give me AAC support dammit!!

Yes. I guess if Apple would introduce AAC only in the new iPods but not for the old ones, even be it for hardware capability reasons, I would

1) get mad
2) cool down
3) rip CDs to MP3s still. ;-)

So: Bring on AAC for all of us iPodders. :)

I am waiting anxiously for the music service as long as it stays compatible with current ipods. Mine does exactly what I need it for and it even withstood a trip to the beach! I wish it wasn't as easy to scratch though.

Back