$3,000 cell phone bill

Trip

Registered
My girlfriend and I got Motorola Razrs through Cingular about a month and a half ago. When we signed up we were offered a limited time promo that feature unlimited everything, except minutes. We even called twice to double check that we were getting unlimited texts, media, and downloads. They verified.

So for a month we used my cell phone through bluetooth to access the internet... which we had unlimited of. Wrong.

We just opened the bill and found a $3,000 fine. My car didn't even cost that much.

$3000? Wow. You should check the small print to check that it doesn't say that Bluetooth is excepted, and refuse to pay if it doesn't.

well, did you connect to the 'net through a dial-up provider instead of GPRS/EDGE or UMTS? If so, it would make sense that those were billed as "minutes"... Either way: I would simply call their billing administration and ask for the bill to be erased. If they _do_ have a trick in the small print, they'll tell you directly on the phone about it (as the reason why they can't erase the bill) and you won't have to search through the whole print to find their loophole. If they don't, they'll try and help you.

Back