-5002 error on connection

cabbage

Registered
Anyone know how to fix these errors?

I trying to connect over AFP but I get error -5002 if I use the computer name or the IP address. It doesn't even try to connect to it - the dialog box immediatly pops up with the error -5002. I try and connect over Samba and it works - what gives?

I have another MAC running 10.2.1 and it connects over AFP with no problem. In fact the MAC that is having this problem was working for the past 6 months without any problem over AFP. It just seems to be certain shares that don't work. They work when connecting OS 9. Is this a keychain problem or a preference problem?

I did a reinstall of Jaguar (Archive and save Users/Network Preferences) and it didn't fix it.

I even get the error in terminal

mount -t afp afp://<mynamewuzhere>:<wuzmypwd>@142.217.31.155 /mnt
kextload: extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_tcp.kext is already loaded
kextload: extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/asp_atp.kext is already loaded
kextload: extension /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext is already loaded
mount_afp: AFPMountURL returned error -1, errno is -5002

Anyone have a afpfs.kext they can email me. Maybe that got corrupt

I logged in as root. I can connect!
I logged in as a user I just created. Again I can connect to the problem servers over AFP.
I log in and me and I can't connect - WTF!!!

I logged in as root. Backup my entire home folder to CD and the deleted it. I created "macuser" a few minutes ago. I duplicated "macuser"s home folder and renamed it to my name. I logged in. Now I am not having any problems. I wonder what is the culprit

Back