$899 ibooks on Amazon and other great deals

mi5moav

Registered
Yeh, Yeh so I could get $100 bucks off if I went through the education stuff, but I didn't. So, I picked up three of these little guys.

for under $900!!! weeehoo

What exactly makes this thread 'non-Apple' (i.e. belongin' to the 'Café' forum)? ;) ... -> Moving it to News, Rumours & General...

Just got an iBook for the mrs. for christmas (hey - that rhymes!). However, I coudn't justify getting one with a 30GB HD. By the time we add our music & photocollection, we would be out of storage space. So, I used my education discount to get it at the Apple Store for $949, plus another $65 for the ugprade to the 60GB HD.

This will be my first iBook (owned numerous Powerbooks), and it was really a difficult choice between this and the Powerbook 12". I just couldn't justify spending the extra $400 for extra VRAM (32MB will be plenty for this 2nd computer), a bluetooth module built-in (I have an external d-link that is not being used at the moment anyway), and a slightly lighter, smaller form factor. Since my other computer is a Powerbook G4 17", either 12" computer is going to seem small and light comparatively.

Back