9.2.2 Released!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
I might be behind in the times, but in case I am not, 9.2.2 is available via the Software Update on 9.2.1.

Enjoy.

Admin

it's installed. I wonder what it specificlly does, or doesn't do. I'll run it on my machine and watch the group for a few days at least before i put it on my lady's mac-chine. nothing upsets her more than when i change something and then something else doesn't work. (she bitched for a week when i finally moved her to osx!)
once again i wonder why apple can't make this show up in the osx software update - especially when it is designed to help with osx compatibility. I mean, how many people running just 9x really need this update? and how many of us running x think about booting to 9 to check for software regularly?
Thanks Admin for keeping us on top of this. and i mean really on top since it was just released today.

Interesting...as I am running 10.1.1 I tried the Software Update from my 9.2.1 Classic and it said that the software didn't need updating.

So, I downloaded and ran the updater (which is a Classic app) under Classic on 10.1.1. It seems to have run OK, though it means business when it 'quits all open applications' as all my OS X apps, including OS X Finder, quit while it ran. I had thought I would be able to keep using OS X (maybe play a game) while the Classic update was going on! I had it update my Classic system folder, but then it wanted to Restart my entire Mac! No need for that! I used Force Quit on the installer, got back my OS X finder, and found that Classic was no longer running. Fine, since I needed to restart it anyway.

I installed the update under Classic. When I click restart it just reboot the Classic environment. The OSX environment is still here.

So no "true" reboot is needed :)

see, i learn something here every day! i've always rebooted to 9 to get classic updates. now i will check them both regularly. thanks for the tip.

So far this update is VERY good. It has improved speed and some bugs in Photoshop when running in Classic Compatibility under OS X.

I had some very stupid issues in Flash under 9.2.1 and OS X, I will post again when I test it also.

Installed it on a new 16Mb VRAM iMac 500 / 576MB and it went just fine. Seems to load up quicker than 9.2.1. But that iMac is damn quick at booting anyway. Classic seemed to load quicker too.

Because the iMac was ok I installed it on my PowerBook G3 500 FW / 640MB and all is well. It seemed a tad quicker at booting on this one - it is so full of junk and I can't be bothered re-formatting my HD since everything has been working fine for 12 months. Haven't tried classic yet.

I only use OS X for Web PHP/MySQL on a EtherNeted 7300/200 connected to my PowerBook running OS 9 and GoLive 5, PShop etc. FTP to the 7300 for testing of sites. I get best of both worlds that way! 7300 handles X.1 just fine! Especially with Shadow Remover enabled!

9.2.2 doesn't seem to disable any software that works with 9.1 or 9.2.1 - I still have ATM Deluxe running - which even works in classic! It was supposed to be incompatible with 9.1, wasn't it? It's not stopped working for me so I'll swap to Suitcases 10 when I move over to OS X full-time which will be when Photoshop, InDesign & GoLive are in my OS X hands! The future is looking good. Adobe and Apple have been working overtime for us!

Hey!

9.2.2 has disabled my FireWire ports. I can no longer connect my external 40GB LaCie HD.

I am going to test X 10.1.1 later, but I assume that will still work since it was unaffected by 9.2.2 update.

Anyone else having this trouble.

Specs below...

Good thing I havent installed yet, please follow up on this, dont want my external not working since that is where I have all my music :p

Admiral

both my vst zip and the maxtor "monster" are still working just fine. I didn't try my que!fire cdrw but the light's still blinking at its normal rate. checked in both 9.2.2 boot and x boot. 9.2.2 seemed a little sluggish but I think I've just gotten used to x. File transfers were normal to the harddrive though. ( I can rember when I thought x was too sluggish). I still can't tell what it really did, probably not much for me since i'm not using Final Cut or any fancy graphics programs. It's good to hear that it does help some of you. sorry it messed anyone up. at least i'm all ready to install the next one.

"Could somebody tell me what actually has been changed from 9.2.1 to 9.2.2? "

I would like to know wat actually changed too.

Firewire ports didn't work on X 10.1.1 either.

So I went to the iMac with 9.2.2 already on - the LaCie drive worked! So I pulled off 9.2.1 FireWire extensions and put them onto my PowerBook via VST Internal Zip. That fixed it for 9.2.2 late last night. I'll try Mac OS X tonight.

Go keep a copy of the 2 FireWire extensions from 9.2.1 before updating.

However.... my PowerBook won't sleep. It says "Some software is missing... please rinstall the software that came with this Mac"... nice.

I haven't managed to fix this but I would bet that disabling FW Extensions would fix it... I'll try later.

Back