address book contacts

brentclifford

Registered
To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Brent Clifford. I have Missing Sync for Blackberry (version 1.x.x). I have used it a few times to transfer contacts from my phone to my computer. I never saved the contact list within Address Book, thinking that since the contacts were in Address Book, they didn't need to be saved. My phone's keyboard recently quit working, so, in order to have all of my contacts, I ran the sync again. This time, a window popped up saying that if I sync my contacts, more than 5% of my information would be changed. I accidentally hit "ok," and now, I have no record of all my contacts I had in my phone...only the contacts I had added since the last sync show up, and are on my phone. There is not a record of all my contacts on either my computer or phone. I am devastated, and am looking for a way to recover those files. Is there a way to get them back?

I did perform a back up of my entire computer back in November. When I try to open Address Book, it will not open.

Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi Brent
What kind of backup do you have?
You need to get hold of this folder-
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Address Book/
This path contains all of your current address book data, if you can get this corresponding folder contents from your backup and copy to the location above you should have all your data as it was in November.
Ed

Back