Adobe Acrobat in OSX question...

uoba

Re: member
Can someone give me a solid answer to whether Adobe Acrobat is OSX native now (not Reader)... I just realised this maybe the only essential software that'll keep me having Classic on my machine (darn:( )

From the Adobe.com web site:

"Because the AdobePS printer driver doesn't offer native support for Mac OS X, you cannot use Adobe Acrobat Distiller in Mac OS X Native mode."

Re: native PS driver for OS X; I would imagine it is in the works, but I haven't heard much about it.

If in six months [when QuickBooks for X comes out] I have to launch Classic only for stupid Distiller, I am going to be very annoyed.

You save any file that you want as a PDF in OS X. Distiller really isn't a neccesity unless you're in the printing industry and 10.1 pretty much sucks for advanced printing - plus there aren't many ppd's. Hopefully that will change with Jaguar

Yeah, I'm in the printing industry so OS X's PDF tool doesn't even come close. Great for previews tho.

The real joke is that Adob'e sown technology is all over the place. Exporting a PDF from InDesign isn't truly a properly formatted PDF, you still have to use Distiller to do it correctly to ensure compatibility among printers. It's a joke. Also, I can export PDfs, EPSs and Postscript files, open them in Photoshop/Illustrator and get different results for each one. Adobe should be shot.

Back