Airport Issue

Phishhead856

Registered
Hello, I just happened to stumble accrost the forum through google--I'm a somewhat experienced Mac user and got a used G3 iBook today as a gift and am having some issues getting it connected to the Internet. I wiped the HDD and installed Panther--the Airport detects my router, connects to it, even gets an IP,and also even sees my other OS X box on the network, BUT!... will not connect to it, or the web. This is really frusterating me and any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I've tried most of the basic settings--i.e. making sure its set up as DHCP, and that the DNS line is left blank, etc. Thanks in advance!!

Make sure you have the other computer set to Not use PPPoE, and have the router set to do the PPPoE for everything.

Turned out that I needed to just change a setting on my router. Take note that the D-Link DI-514 needs an adjustment in order for Airport to work with it. Thanks anyway! Merry Christmas

what change does the 514 need? i am having the same problem. i was using airport fine in 9.2 but switched to 10 and it no longer works. i have ip addresses and strong signal from router to the mac.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.... the change that needs to be made is, after logging into your router, go to the Advanced tab, then Performance, and then switch the Preamble type to Long Preamble. Let me know if this helps, thanks! =)

thanks, i was up on dlink with os 9 but failed when i put in os x jag. i'll give your tip a try and let you know.

thanks for your help

Back