aMSN check it out

Cool, works pretty good and supports more features than the official MSN Mac client! The look could use some work though, you're right.

ok after using it for about an hour i have encountered a few bugs and boy does it need a new interface. I dl the msn theme for it it is a lil better :) but i nned to find out how to make my own

Would it be wrong of me to say that it doesn't look that bad? I'm just going off the screenshots here (I'm not going to actually download it since I don't use MSN), but it really doesn't look that bad, any more than, say, AIM. Got any particularly horrible screenshots? Or should I just shut up now? ;)

After waiting for msn messenger 4.0 to come out for the past 6 months this msn client is a great solutions for me. Try the tux skin, its pretty cool! I love that it shows when people exit out of your conversation box, and it is a lot better then the "official" msn client in my opinion. i hope more people come out with some awesome skins cause its really cool how each skin is totally different with differnt looking emoticons, sounds, login effects, etc. This is an awesome msn messenger and it will definately stay in my dock even when msn messenger 4.0 comes out, seeing as this is version 0.90 and the first mac version, and its already way better. The only thing i dont like about amsn is the icon for it, but that can be changed :) . I would highly recommend this to any msn messenger mac user!

Not to hijack the conversation or anything, but if you're looking for a good msn client, try Proteus. It handles msn, aim, icq, yahoo and a few more all in one convenient window. It uses a drawer to hold your active contacts, just click on the one you need to message and his (her) chat appears in the main window.

if I remember correctly, this is the client that eats your cpu for breakfast. the cpu usage is way too high (the same with the original client though...). as pds said, proteus is nice, and uses 0% cpu when idle

Yeah im sort of getting used to the look ok it now :)
but i still love the taabs in adium if amsn had tabs it would rock

Racer D said:
if I remember correctly, this is the client that eats your cpu for breakfast.

Thats very true -- Using the official MSN Messenger app afterwards feels like a dream. Not to mention it looks so much nicer.

However, I am using aMSN rather than the official one. I do like some of the features, like being able to see when someone has left the conversation, or started the conversation before they even send the message.

And of course, I've been waiting to put in my own display image for ages now. The custom smilies are nice too.

Its just its damn ugly. Well, its not that bad, but compared to what even Microsoft did with MSN Messenger for Mac its dreadful.
I just microsoft would look at what theyve done and impliment it into their own application!

Also, on a side note, has anyone tried dMSN? Not related to this one in anyway, but its got even more features, like finding out whos blocked you and stuff like that. But boy is it nasty. CPU eater (again) and its pretty damn buggy. Never mind the stupid Linux penguin for the singing in image...

Browni said:
how in hampsers name do you change your display picture in amsn?

that one took me a while to suss out as well. when chatting to someone click on their display picture, and it'll say show yours, or change yours. Its also one of the menus when youre in a chat window. Its a bit odd really

anyone know when msn messenger 4.0's going to be out? It should be released for download before office 2004 ships, so I'm guessing early june?

Back