An unexpected and unrecoverable problem

maya6

Registered
hello-
I was using photoshop today and I received the error message "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit". I have a rather large file, 33"x32" and I was trying to take an Image that I had made and copy it from one page, then paste it into this larger page. I closed the smaller window first to make sure that the only open file was the large one, and then pasted the image. Everything went fine (slow but fine) until I either brought down the opacity of the image, or I tried to save it. I tried to open the files and do this several times before giving up but it never manages to save. And this is after making only one change to the document.

What is happening? I am using a Mac OSX 10.5.6 with Photoshop CS3. Nothing else is open on my computer when I am trying so save (for example the internet or Adobe Illustrator), and everything was fine before. Why does the program shut down on me when I try to save? Please help.

I'm having the same problem. The first file to quit every time I tried to save it was very, very large. I eventually had to save it on a different computer. Today, Photoshop quit on me with the same "an unexpected and unrecoverable error has occured. photoshop will now exit." error while trying to save a tiny web-sized image. what's going on here? I've tried trashing preferences.

If you find out, please share. I will also. thanks.

r u saving as a PSD? try saving as TIFF. It will save layers just as ur psd file does. Sometimes this solution works with stubborn files. HTH

Last edited:
Back