And we have a winner (maybe)...

Ceroc Addict

Registered
http://www.engadget.com/entry/9534321442142743/

Ok, so it hasn't got everything I want out of a mobile device, but it probably comes close enough:
  • 4Gb hard drive and plays mpeg-4 video
  • Decent operating system (last I heard, all Zaurus models ran Linux)
  • Decent thumb keyboard (never known a Sharp handheld to have a bad keyboard)

Unless Apple announces a vPod (or palmOne a Treo with a hard drive) to trump this Zaurus before Jan/Feb next year, this'll probably be the last handheld I get for a long while.

Kap

Now, you can get Newton emulators for a palm or pocket PC, so would that cut it? =)

The continued infatuation of people with the Newton convinces me that, were Apple to kill the Mac tomorrow, large numbers of people would still be using their boxes and writing new software for them 20 years for now =)

Ripcord said:
Now, you can get Newton emulators for a palm or pocket PC, so would that cut it? =)

The continued infatuation of people with the Newton convinces me that, were Apple to kill the Mac tomorrow, large numbers of people would still be using their boxes and writing new software for them 20 years for now =)
Interesting thought. I know I could never go back to Windows.

Hopefully, it'll never be put to the test.

Kap

i agree, there is such a following for it that there would at least be a number of years before it ever truly faded away. Hell, I remember going to a friends house and they were still plunking away on a commodore 64 back in 1991! Game of choice: Pirates! I know that if Apple up and died tomorrow, I dont think that I would be migrating back to the Windoze world any time soon, as long as I can still write apps for the Mac (or at least install Linux on my hardware!)

Back