any1 have an Apple Hardware Test CD image?

Ubipa

Registered
This post is kinda a continuum of the post below of mine. I called Apple tech again to see what I should do about the kernel panics on cd boot. The powerbook will boot from the hardrive but fails to boot from the cd and goes into a kernel panic. The guy I purchased it from is still being reluctant to accept the return saying it worked when he had it!! The computer works if you boot from the hardrive but doesn't if you boot from the cd!! What a crud muffin.

So explaining to the tech that I went out and bought a new retail copy of OSX and the computer would still fail to boot from the cd, he said there is something hardware related. since there's no new hardware, I need to run a hardware test, but the crud muffin who sold it to me didn't include the apple hardware test cd. The tech said I could go to An apple dealer and they could test it, but the closest one is about 45mins away and I was already there over the weekend b/c the last apple tech advised me to go and see if they had a dvd restore disc which could possibly get me logged back on to the powerbook. Instead of finding some nice apple associate I find this guy with something big stuck up his butt who's all nassle and doesn't want to help. I told him my story and it almost seemed like he thought I stole the computer or something. Man.. I don't want to go back there.

By chance, does anyone have a disc image of the Apple Hardware Test Cd for a G4 powerbook 867mhz, so I can make a cd, test the unit, find out what's wrong with it, and then shove it in the crud muffin's face. Or, uh, find out how much it will cost to fix it, or something.. Man this is a horrible experience.

Could this make a good first time mac horror story?

Back