Anybody from Ireland here?

lilbandit

I hate Meath
Wondering if anybody ever visited the (small) Apple shop in Dublin, I went in on Saturday to get a memory upgrade for my powermac. The usual guy was there and I have to say that in the past he seemed to know his stuff but when I asked for a couple of 512MB DDR2100 ram he asked for ?260 each! I couldn't believe it! I told him that I could have bought the same RAM for ?93 per stick in another shop near Henry Street. He just shrugged his shoulders and looked blankly at me! Jesus Apple ?260 for a single 512 MB stick of RAM?

crucial does has 512 from £63/40 euros to £86/60 euros
apple (apple the company that is, im not sure about apple stores run by individuals) is expensive for ram but hats because they will fix a price and leave it at that, even if the market causes the price to fluctuate constantly.
also, for mac users in ireland try http://www.clubmac.ie/
its a mug based in dublin, but theres a 20 euro joining fee.
www.nimug.org is free but based in northern ireland (which is where i live btw)

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I only tried the Apple shop because the usual shop I go to was out of stock! Don't know about the north but it can get frustrating when trying to buy a mac in the south. I have an Uncle who is interested in video editing. He wants to move away from analogue and wants to buy a suitable computer. I suggest mac but it ain't easy to get to a well stocked shop to allow him to plug in a camera and actually use the system! Sony stores are everywhere now and he is considering a vaio!

Back