Anyone have a copy of Java 1.4.1

vdowiz

Registered
Damn Panther! I got over zealous and installed it too soon... again (did the same thing with Jaguar). Now I've had to put my Panther hard drive on a back up computer, buy a new HD, and start from scratch with Jaguar 10.2.8. My problem is this, I need Java 1.4.1 for some of my Jaguar apps, but Mac has yanked it because of Panther incompatibility. Does someone have a download I can get from them... for trade? Or out of the goodness of their hearts? Or any ideas about where I might be able to find it? As usual, Apple was no help, and didn't even know anything about Java or why not having it was a bad thing.

Please help.

vdowiz said:
Damn Panther! I got over zealous and installed it too soon... again (did the same thing with Jaguar). Now I've had to put my Panther hard drive on a back up computer, buy a new HD, and start from scratch with Jaguar 10.2.8. My problem is this, I need Java 1.4.1 for some of my Jaguar apps, but Mac has yanked it because of Panther incompatibility. Does someone have a download I can get from them... for trade? Or out of the goodness of their hearts? Or any ideas about where I might be able to find it? As usual, Apple was no help, and didn't even know anything about Java or why not having it was a bad thing.

Please help.
Welcome to the forums! At the moment Apple have taken Java away for revision, like it says on their site. I did a little Internet search for you but no luck. Guess you'll have to find someone with a copy of it. Most of us do updates via Software Update otherwise we'd all have had a copy.

Back