anyone in the uk got mac osx 10.3 panther yet ?

welshviking

Registered
Has anyone in the united kingom got panther yet ? and if so do you recommend it. I run MAC OSX 10.1.5 and am wondering the differences and advantages panther would create..look forward to all replys and please USA and CANADIAN folks feel free to add your comments.....thanks.....Colin

welshviking said:
Has anyone in the united kingom got panther yet ? and if so do you recommend it. I run MAC OSX 10.1.5 and am wondering the differences and advantages panther would create..look forward to all replys and please USA and CANADIAN folks feel free to add your comments.....thanks.....Colin

Are Norwegian vikings free to add comments as well? :p
I suggest you to take a look at http://www.apple.com/macosx

I ordered mine the minute it was announced weeks ago but haven't received it! (This after Apple clearly stating as an advertisement... 'Order now to receive before the 24th!!')

Still waiting for mine - ordered from Apple store online as soon as I heard it was there.

Hoping it turns up Monday - it's agony having to wait over the weekend when I have time to play with it only for it to probably turn up whist I'm at work!

Hi there, and a big HI to all UK Mac users, we are very few and far between!!

I have Panther and would recommend it to anyone. I upgraded from Jaguar and noticed a quite impressive speed difference immediately, so if you're upgrading from 10.1 it'll feel like a new computer!! I haven't had a chance to have a real good mess with it yet, but Expose is cool and will make a big difference to me. The whole OS just feels and looks nicer and easier to use and well worth the price.

(PS Uoba - your boys got lucky at Anfield on Sat - didn't know you'd signed Jeff Winter)

Hey, steven_lufc... I was there, believe me, Winter was swapping shirts every minute... the guys a nutter (what's with that beard!)

Best part of the match... the kop singing in unison: 'There's only one Peter Risdale!' :)

Erm, Panther... still haven't received it! ;)

Uoba - the best chant I heard recently was when Man Utd came to Elland Road last week: "Rio takes it up the nose do dah do dah...!!

Ordered mine 09/10/03. Told I'd have it Mon or Tue then received email from Apple saying this:

Dear Applestore Customer,
Thank you for your recent Applestore order.
We are happy to advise you that your order is now in transit. Unfortunately we are experiencing a small delay of approximately 2-3 working days ( in addition to our original quote of 3-5 working days) on this shipment.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and endeavour to deliver your order as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Applestore

Not endeavouring hard enough as far as I am concerned.

Tis now Thursday 30th ... given up hope of finding the mythical big cat that is rumoured to be out there... maybe they are not prone to travelling via postal vans! :(

Still no sign of the panther!

Phoned Apple store at 10:00 on Thu 30 Oct 2003: "It must be lost in the post, we'll send it again via TNT"; but last week you said it had shipped via courier TNT, how did it get lost in the post?

Then I'm told they're out of stock! How can you be out of stock of an already shipped item. Apple site says:

Shipment Picked Up* DUBLIN, DU, IE 23 Oct 2003 13:01
Arrive Terminal * LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU* 27 Oct 2003 10:35
It's now in Luxembourg!!

Then I'm told TNT will be picking up the package today!!

If you want to know what's happening with your order:

Robert Dixon on 00 353 21 428 4000

islim, unbelievable! They've just told me the same thing, that it's lost! Somethings going on here!

What you reckon, they messed up a ton of orders and are just waiting for customers to complain, then send out a couriered copy!?

The guy is send me another copy via courier which'll get to me in 2 days.

Got my copy at last (yesterday - Wednesday). Took one week from shipping notification email. I think it came from Ireland.

There's been a lot of postal strikes going on - that could be the cause of some delays - especially around London area (which I kinda am).

Anyway, got mine and it's great. Expose really is as good as everyone is saying!

No real problems yet - though the trackpad on my ibook has been a bit flaky here and there. I mainly used a mouse plugged in so not sure if it's been flaky for a while though.

uoba said:
Ah stop rubbing it in! ;)

Does this mean I'll get two copies?

You may do, but then again, I think Apple are pulling a fast one on us! I was told that if I got a second delivery, to refuse it as accepting it then returning it would generate unnecessary hassle.

I've just checked again and my parcel is "languishing in Luxembourgh" -- wish I was there instead!!

Wait, so if you get two copies, what are you going to do with the second copy?

The guy on the phone was quick to tell me he'd send a new one before even asking how long (since it says 10 days on the site, and I called him after 6!) Strange!

Don't forget the postal service seems to be slowly grinding to a halt again here in the UK. I've been waiting all week for 3 parcels from Parcelforce and Royal Mail. TNT SHouldn't be affected though......

Back