anyone out there in need of an imac g5?

samchester

Registered
hey everybody
i'm looking to sell my 17" 2ghz imac g5 or even trade for something more portable. anyone interested let me know and i'll send you more details
it's in excellent condition and going for a song
note: it is the model previous to the i cam model
peace
sam

Hi Sam, to make it a bit easier logistic wise... around where (country, region or city) are you located? It may matter for a desktop machine, also for shipping costs...

ahh yes of course, perhaps a little too much coffee last night.
I am in Manchester, England,
the imac g5 in question is about two years old, running on tiger at the moment
anyione interested let me know
cheers
sam

ahh yes of course, perhaps a little too much coffee last night.
I am in Manchester, England,
the imac g5 in question is about two years old, running on tiger at the moment
anyione interested let me know
cheers
sam

Hi there, I'd like to know a few things about this iMac.

1) CPU speed
2) Hard Drive capacity
3) RAM
4) Any visible defects on it

hey the spec is as follows:-
17" screen
cpu: 1.8 ghz
hard drive 75 gb
ram 1 gb

there are a few blemishes on the top as the white casing shows up anything but no pixel damage to the screen or internal damage. a very robust machine. i still use it for music recording, magazine design and have edited film on it before now, all of which is acheived with maximum speed and efficiency. never had it on the internet so it has not slowed down any although it can be hooked up.
programmes i have used on it include:-
quark
photoshop
illustrator
dreamweaver
protools
reason
final cut

anything else i can help you with let me know

cheers
sam

Ah, I'm looking out for a Rev. B mid-range model with the 2.0 GHz processor. Thanks for the info and good luck selling.

I'm actually interested in parts for my 2 GHz iMac G5 ALS as it's now having hardware problems. I'm hoping it's just the power supply as I don't think I could afford a new logic board. :rolleyes:

hey man,
freaking out is always good to do once in a while for all of you out there.
My mac had problems with the power supply actually, it just wouldn't turn on and I had just passed my complimentary warranty so it cost me nearly a hundred pounds in parts, labour and advice (apple will only talk to you for a fee of £40 after your warranty runs out) but I hear it's a common problem.
I am only selling it as a whole and not as parts so it might be cheaper for you to have it repaired but if you want a reliable machine to replace it I have decided on a price of £450, although I am willing to negotiate
peace
Sam

what does ALS mean, sorry for being cyber illiterate

Sorry....ALS stands for Ambient Light Sensor. This model is also the "Rev B" (or "Revision B") iMac G5.

It sounds interesting but I'm on the other side of the pond. Mine still boots up....eventually. I guess I'll just live with it for now until it finally gives out on me. At this point with Christmas shopping, money is kind of tight.

hi there

I might be interested can you give me some details on the mac, specs etc, i'm based in Dublin, Ireland can you advise shipping costs as well

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers Mark

hey man,

spec is as follows-

imac g5
1.8 ghz processor
1 gig ram
17" screen
tiger platform
varied media programmes installed including photoshop, quark, illustrator, dreamweaver, etc
slight blemish on top but hardly noticeable and no pixel damage

should be no more than £25 shipping costs with post office, special delivery, just an estimate from experience

any more questions let me know?

all the best
sam

Back