Apple iBook 900mhz, 14", 640MB, 40GB, Airport, Warranty FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you want for it? Where do you live and how far would you be shipping it? And why are you selling this beautiful machine? :)

Giaguara said:
How much do you want for it? Where do you live and how far would you be shipping it? And why are you selling this beautiful machine? :)

i need to get atleast $1400 or so. i'm somewhat negoticable. i live in Greensboro, NC. shipping would be $20-$30.

it IS a beautiful machine! :D
i am only selling because i'd like to get a G5 (or a 17'" powerbook...not sure which yet!) ;)

check out the link for more info. thanks for your interest.

qwikstreet said:
No offense but why would someone pay 1400 for a G3 when the new G4 933 14" costs less? Sorry dude.

"sorry dude"...but a new 933 G4 WOULD NOT cost less.

i'll break the math down for you, kid. here are the prices directly from Apple:

933mhz 14" G4 = $1299
EXTRA 512 RAM = $150
AIRPORT CARD = $85
TOTAL = $1534

wow...that is actually $134 cheaper!!! besides, i said i was negoticable! thanks for your comment...but do your homework first next time!

Not to be a Big D, but it would be more cost effective to get the new one

933mhz $1299
free 384MB RAM ontop of 256 with Macmall (plus a ton of other free stuff)
Call me stupid but newer is always better, even if i have to shell out a little more for a longer warranty and/or power.

But all the power to you to get as much as you can for it, cause by christmas I'm sure the prices on G3 will plummet.

qwikstreet said:
Not to be a Big D

too late!

qwikstreet said:
Call me stupid but newer is always better, even if i have to shell out a little more for a longer warranty and/or power.

i agree. that is why i'm selling it! some may prefer to save the $, though.

thanks again for hijacking up my thread!

fishhouse, cool down.
Someone else got an argument on the price of a Powerbook a week or so ago, and just like you, flared up.
The thread was locked.
Unless you want that, please be careful about how you start flaming other people. qwikstreet, unlike you, is a respected member of the community, and was politely trying to offer you some advice.

However, I agree with him, a BRAND NEW computer, identical to what you are selling except for the Airport Card is $1200 (http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/config/default.asp?dp=156614&type=ibook&xml_id=650), and that includes a free case, free printer, and free software.
The 933 MHz G4 iBook is about the same as yours (http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/config/default.asp?dp=299758&type=ibook&xml_id=850), and it has a free printer, free RAM, free carrying case, and free software. Again, the airport card is not included, but since the RAM is free, it still comes out about the same. Plus that is a brand new computer, has a G4 and an extra 33 MHz of speed, and has the FULL year of Apple warranty.
I'm sorry, but there is no way you will get $1400 for your iBook here, because people like qwikstreet and myself will make sure a prospective buyer has all the information. If you want the best possible price, sell it on eBay. -EDIT-, just realized that you are already doing that, and that some sucker has already bid $1270 on it. Their loss :(
My personal opinion is that you will probably get $1100 tops for it, that is still $100 less than the MacMall price, and it is with the Airport card. Try for that, and you will probably be able to something nearby.

I'm sorry, but it is you who needs to do the homework. I've done it for you this time, but...

dlloyd said:
please be careful about how you start flaming other people.

ok...guys...i'm not "flaming" anyone. just trying to sell my ibook.

dlloyd said:
I'm sorry, but there is no way you will get $1400 for your iBook here, because people like qwikstreet and myself will make sure a prospective buyer has all the information.

i havn't withheld any info from anyone...i agree that a new one has a similer price...like i said before...some people may want to save the few hundred $ and get a G3 instead of a new one. there choice!

oh, and thanks for doing your "homework" by actually clicking my auction link...better late than never i guess! :confused:

and yes, it has been bid up to $1270...and well worth it imho. many ebay bidders agree! sorry you guys don't.

but like they say...if you don't like it - don't buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back