Apple Mail Will Not Send Attachments

Sparrowhawk

Registered
Greetings,
The subject line says it all. Entourage will send attachments (small .jpegs and documents), but not Apple Mail. This "behavior" started about 2 weeks ago. I've attempted a full shut down and disk permissions repair to no avail. Mail will accept attachments, it simply won't deliver them.
I'm not a terribly technical person, so whoever choses to be the victim in trying to help with this problem, I ask that we attempt something simple and numbered before going into anything radical like reinstalling Tiger.
I appreciate your time and hope you can help.
Sparrowhawk
System: Unmodified or expanded eMac, 1.25 GHz. No software updates added to the original Tiger OSX.

Try the following.

Quit Mail first and using the Finder, go to Home > Library > Mail > Mailboxes > Outbox.mbox.

The Outbox.mbox is shared by all accounts.

Delete the Outbox.mbox and empty the Trash.

When re-launching Mail, a new Outbox.mbox will be created automatically by Mail within the Mailboxes folder.

Test if this resolves the problem.

Do you mean that Mail is not sending or do you mean that your recipients are not receiving. If Mail is sending messages without attachments, then it probably sending messages with attachments. My bet is that your recipients are not receiving them. To fix this, select the Edit > Attachments > Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments menu item.

Back