apple music store problem...

wtmcgee

Registered
anyone else getting this error:
every time i add my credit card info to the music store, and go to verify which county i live in, i get the same error (we're talking like 20 times over the past couple of hours...)

"the music store could not process your request, please try again later."

or, look yourself:
http://www.ipsmusic.com/error.tiff

BA HA HA HA HA HA, what a loser!

Hehe, just kidding.

The service is new, they probably haven't ironed all the kinks out just yet.

Maybe you should just do as it says and try again later.

*Chuckle* Sorry, it slipped out... :)

I got (and getting) the same error. Good thing probably, because I think I might get addicted to this. :)

Well here it works.

Now I need to do an Applescript for an iMac... to shut down iTunes 4 after 12 seconds. Exactly, someone can get addicted. (Not me, and I don't have an iMac either so it'll not run on mine..).

I was having a similar problem when the service first was announced. I downloaded the updates just fine once they came available and have a 1-click account from my .mac, but I couldn't connect to the server, or kept getting bounced from it.
I went to sleep, woke up this morning and tried again. No problems whatsoever. Went through the couple of screens confirming my address and agreement, then hit the store running. That and to download 6 songs took about 10 minutes and I sampled a few along the way.
Now, once when I hit the home tab, I got a prompt saying it was for US shoppers only at this time (I'm a Yank, but working abroad), then I hit continue and it still worked fine. At least in my case, the bugs from the initial swarm of shoppers seemed to have died away.

I had a different problem, that the stupid thing wouldn't download my songs. If you go to the Advanced menu and click on Check for Purchased Music, it will pull them up again, but I was having to do this like 8 times for each song I had in the qeueue. Eventually it did get everything I had ordered (yes it keeps track if your mac has crashed...) but it was a pain.
I attribute it to network errors, everything else is cool.

I thought that was the green-with-envy-look from Windoze folk. :confused:

But you're right, it does tend to jar the eye a bit compared to aqua and/or brushed metal. More so, since I've been using the milk theme.

Does anyone have this problem. I have 1-click shopping set up for the Apple Store with my .mac acount. But when I try to sign on, it tells me "You have not yet used this account with iTunes Music Store, please review the information." Then I click cont. Then comes up my .mac info like password, and secret phrase. Then I click cont again, and I get an error.

It says something like this. You can not make this account. If you want to use your already exsiting .mac account press cancel and log in with .mac account!

But that is what I did. So it is a loop. And I can not log in. It makes me sad, because I have money to spend here. I had to sign one up for my roommie and use his card. ARG.

I want my Music!

Matthew

I get the one that wtmcgee got, about trying later. I looked on the Apple discussion boards and other have had this too, and said that the fix is to create a new account. Screw that. I'll wait until it's fixed. With NYC CD prices, I think the only things I'll actually buy are the random songs from artists I otherwise don't care about. But I am very excited about the AAC support on my iPod. Hello about 1500 more songs!

It wouldn't accept my CC for unknown reasons so i just did everything online though the apple website and my one-click access is all set up. Course i haven't bought anything yet.

I bought a song just to check out the process, but couldn't download it. I'd chalked it up to high traffic originally, but after different attempts on different networks over 18 hours it seemed like it was something else. I downloaded the song fine by logging in to my account on someone else's machine (sitting on the same network as mine).

I also can't access others' playlists, even though I can see them in the "Shared Playlists" area.

I wonder if there's something in my laptop's setup that's defeating some of these functions. Although you'd think that the file downloading would essentially be a simple HTTP GET. I turned off the firewall to see if it made a difference, but no dice.

That's what I meant by "I turned off the firewall" in the first message -- I was using the OS X default firewall service, and disabled it to see if there was a difference. But there wasn't.

Back