Apple newbie - kind of

deliawl

Registered
I haven't worked on a mac in a long time and I have just bought an incredibly ancient iMac for one reason only. I need to be able to look at the mac browsers for design purposes only.

So I have iMac with OS9.1. I plugged it into my netgear wireless / network hub for internet only access but don't seem to have that. IE never says it's offline - just keeps turning round and round. If anyone has any tips about the internet access that would be absolutely super.

I'm not even sure if I can do this.

The network is working with no problems but the other computers are all pcs. I don't need file sharing - just internet.

Go to the finder,open control panels,look for a folder that says"Internet connect".Open that and follow directions inside.If you don't have that, look for the TCP/IP control panel.Open that and check the box"connect via ethernet " You might have to check another couple of boxes for any proxy connections.Can't quite remember the whole routine as it has been quite a few years since I used 9 but this should get you on the right track.

Back