Apple Shake requires G4 800MHz or P3 550MHz or above.

Wow, Windows/Linux users are getting screwed. (hehe)

Shake Pricing & Availability
Shake 2.5 is scheduled to be available in August for Mac OS X, Linux, IRIX and Windows.

To purchase Shake for Mac OS X, contact an Apple Authorized Professional Film Reseller listed below. Shake 2.5 will be available for Mac OS X for a suggested retail price of $4,950 (US) with annual maintenance of $1,199 (US).

To purchase Shake for Linux, IRIX and Windows*, contact the Apple sales team for Shake at sales@nothingreal.com. Shake 2.5 for Linux, Irix and Windows is available for a suggested retail price of $9,900 (US) with annual maintenance of $1,485 (US). Existing Shake customers will be given the option to double the number of their existing licenses at no additional cost by migrating to Mac OS X.

*Shake 2.5 for Windows is available to existing Shake 2.46 Windows customers only.

Why doesn't Apple include more information about it?:( What did they upgrade/improve in their version? What does Shake do? I am obviously not part of the target market (i.e. firms like ILM) but I would like to know more about it... does it work as a plugin-type app with Final Cut? Does it require Final Cut?
Come on Apple, do more than list misleading "Stories" that refer to the previous non-Apple versions of Shake.

I'm not sure about that program, but I feel it was simply optimized for the P3 which is why it requires less processor power. The market is larger on the PC so there's more reason to optimize your software for it.

Andre

Originally posted by Annihilatus
I'm not sure about that program, but I feel it was simply optimized for the P3 which is why it requires less processor power. The market is larger on the PC so there's more reason to optimize your software for it.

Andre

Go to Shake's spec page and read it. You will see that its Wintel minimum OS is WinNT 4.0. The minimum MacOS is MacOS X 10.2. Presumeably, this has something to do with the lower hardware requirements of the Wintel machine.

You will also see that the Mac version requires a 3-button mouse. This tells me two things: 1. Apple may introduce a multi-button mouse; 2. More importantly, the MacOS X version is a fairly crude port. Apple has a way to go before Shake is a polished MacOS X application.

Back