appleseed.apple.com

Slutty Bear

Registered
Okay I am a new member of this whole apple thing... I just switched over from windows. I got an email because "heard" I got a new intel mac on the forum site.

Now I have a couple questions, is appleseed.apple.com a legit website? Someone isnt trying to steal my identity right? I hope not I filled it out.

Also! What if I sign up and decide I don't want to do it anymore...

I know this is "secret" but I would like to know. Because I filled out the info and I am really hoping I didnt do a really stupid move!

Thank you!

«Slutty Bear», did you receive an invitation because you bought an Intel based Mac? Do you have a link to the page which you signed up from?

I'm an AppleSeed member and can confirm the legitimacy of the site :)

well if you say you are a member, or are you really one of the ones stealing identities? no really, if you are a member, then cool. i'm just not buying it because there is no link, or info that can be found on apple's site. i even searched it, and no info. which leads me to think its a scam. but if more people can say they are members, then cool, where can i sign up?

I've heard of this.

Slutty Bear: I take it you got an Intel iMac? Perhaps Apple wants to use you as a beta tester.

Doug

A scam on apple.com? Yeah, right. ;) ... Really: AppleSeed is Apple's seeding program besides "normal" ADC packages.

sinclair_tm said:
well if you say you are a member, or are you really one of the ones stealing identities? no really, if you are a member, then cool. i'm just not buying it because there is no link, or info that can be found on apple's site. i even searched it, and no info. which leads me to think its a scam. but if more people can say they are members, then cool, where can i sign up?

If you, personally, type "appleseed.apple.com" in the location bar of Safari and press return, it's not possible that it's an IDN spoof (used by phishers).

It's a real site run by the real Apple. However they don't want new participants at the moment (according to the site).

Back