Applications folder doesn't open

rgda

Registered
I don't understand why Applications doesn't open. I clik on it and the color disks spins and spins and nothing happens. I simply canot get to my programs. All other folders work fine. Is there a bug here (I'm using 10.1 on a Ti)? Please help!

Can a different user account on your machine open it? What error do you get when you try to navigate to it from command line. If you're not sure how to do this, launch a Terminal and type:

cd /Applications

rgda,

Sounds like a directory issue that most OSX has been having since it's creation.

Do you go to that directory often? The reason I ask is that the os can cache frequent visited directories, so if you don't nornally vist that directory in the GUI, it might take longer to grab that info. (icons etc all have to be accessed).

I notice it all the time on my machine, it's one of the more frustrating things in OSX. Of course, I woouldn't rule out that something else is going on, it's just a shot in the dark with the limited amount of information I gathered from your post. :)

Back