.app's won't open

Paul C

Registered
I download free software (legally) and extract them but when I try to open them nothing happens? :(

The same thing is happening to me, I go to install VPC and, well it doesent open? No error messages, nothing :confused:

But I don't think it's an .app, I think it is a .pkg :confused:

Was it in a stuffit archive? They had a bug where they were messing up the permissions on the contents of the app. I don't remember the specifics but I think that you should open the package and set the execute permission on a file like YourProggy.app/contents/Macosx/YourProggy

Nope, still wont open, even if it try to open it from within the .pkg

/Users/bkaron/Desktop/Virtual PC 6.0/Contents/MacOS/Virtual PC 6/

Why? Should I up date Stuffit Deluxe :confused:

Paul C: first you said nothing happens when you open the app. In your next post you mention a message. Now tell us, exactly what happens when you doubleclick your .app file

I replied to your message telling me "type in "chmod -R +x /Applications/YOUR_APP.app" and try opening the app again" by saying "I keep getting the message 'unmatched'" when I tried what you suggested.

When I double click the .app file it just does nothing

but ofcourse you did not type "YOUR_APP.app" but replaced it with the name of your application, which lies in the Applications folder, right? :confused:

type this into terminal "ls -al /Applications/YOUR_APP.app/Contents/MacOS" and copy/paste the output here.

Back