ARD permission to connect

baba

Registered
When I try to connect to my I-iMac over the internet with my iBook, it asks for permission to control. I have all the preferences set properly (I believe), and it recognizes that there is a client to connect to. My wife has seen the window pop up asking for permission, and when she clicks it, I get control, but I can't do it myself. That kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Check the settings in the Sharing PreferencePane>Apple Remote Desktop

Make sure your User name is checked, and all the boxes in the right Pane are checked, and the Guest and VNC are unchecked.

When I click off those boxes, I get Authentification failed to XXXXX. I have another problem, also. I can't Edit Access privileges on my admin computer. Maybe I should just try to reinstall everything. This has got me really confused.

If you're getting a message involving permission, then you are probably trying to connect as a Guest. Make sure that the ARD client is properly enabled and has at least one user assigned with full (or at least appropriate) privileges set; the setting is in the Sharing system preference. The make sure you connect to the client using that user name and password.

I can connect and control my home computer but am unable to copy files to the home computer using drag and drop from the laptop (admin). The only thing I see that is different is the ARD window says 'VNC on' but it used to say 'Available'. I thought it was my router but the settings look right.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 4
Back