AT&T as a service Provider?

ldichiara

Registered
Good Afternoon. I just got an iPhone for xmas which I HAVE NOT opened or activated yet...as I am deliberating migrating to a TOUCH or keeping the phone..Reason is, I am a verizon customer and have heard mixed reactions about AT&T as a service provider. Some people say they HATE them, others have indicated no real problems. I will be using the phone primarily in the Northeast (New Jersey) area as well as Florida. Can someone provide some insight? I am happy with Verizon, but will make the switch if necessary - I just don't want to get into a two year contract that could render the phone usable only in certain areas of the country (I've heard stories where the phone will not work in the users residence/place of business) - this would be an absolute deal breaker for me. Thanks for the insight.
Lenny DiChiara

I've been with ATT/Cingular for many years, and have found them honest, reliable, and great coverage. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

As for coverage in YOUR house, only activation can tell that, but you might want to find someone with ATT to try it in your home.

I live in sw FL and have had no problems at all with AT&T. The reception is the best I've had yet. Internet works great as well. Just check their website for coverage areas. I have been very impressed with the iPhone and service.
I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back with any questions.

SGilbert - Thanks..where in the Country are you located? I've taken a look at the AT&T coverage map...most of NJ seems to be covered BUT there are also a substantial amount of dead zones it appears....guess there is no real way of knowing without diving in....

Just a thought, get the cheapest prepaid AT&T pay as you go or whatever, and try it out for a week or so? Maybe more trouble and $$$ than it's worth although you'd get a pretty good idea on coverage where it's important for you...

For what it's worth, I live in Northern Indiana, but have been to NJ & FL many times and have had no reception problems in either state.

Thanks for the feedback - when you mention you've been to Florida and New Jersey several times is the data and voice working ok for you? One user posted saying that he was not getting data coverage on the train lines from Newark to NYC...While I don't expect coverage to be perfect, this seems as though it would be an area where one would think you could get coverage.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Back