ATI Radeon 8500 causing the shakes???

Birdman

Registered
Hi Folks,

Finally got my upgrade ATI Radeon 8500 video card yesterday. I'm totally being spoiled by all the desktop space w/ 2 large monitors going -- very cool. But......there's always a "but", eh?......

The Wacom wireless mouse operates just as normal, the pen, on the other hand, on my Wacom tablet has this annoying tiny, rapid shake on the screens. It draws lines in Painter 7 fine (I believe) and of course processes "stuff" quicker. I can work w/ this shake no problem, but like I said, it's a bit annoying.

Is it caused from the "hyper" sensitivity of a suped up graphics card, picking up every little movement? (ex: I noticed picking up my running shoe this morning, and the very tip of the shoe lace vibrates under the human grip, though it " appears" my hand is very still). Anybody experienced this and knows what I'm talking about? When moving files and frames around, it shakes them as well. It's like showing me how little I can keep my hand still compared to a smooth mouse (or do I have a bad card?). I'm new at accelerated cards, so I don't know what to expect???

I tested it w/ one monitor going, and the same results. It also does it equally on both monitors which have different resolutions, 1280 X 1024 on the 19" and 2048 X 1280 on the 24"

Thanks in advance for your responses.

T i m

2001 Quicksilver G4, 733 mhz. 1.5.gig RAM

Forget it! Someone clue'd me in that my Wacom tablet was too close to the monitor. 8" or closer is shakesville!!!! Geeezzzzz!

Thanks.

Back